Monday, May 21, 2012

Music Monday (5)



Welcome to Music Monday!  Today, the songs are all choral pieces and very mellow in demeanor, but they're so beautiful that I couldn't resist.  Enjoy!


"Sleep" by Eric Whitacre

I can't believe that I haven't found this sooner.  I had only heard the band version for this, but frankly, I prefer the choir version.  I really want to share it with you by embedding it on here so that you can get so many goosebumps without exerting a lot of effort, but unfortunately it's not possible, so you'll have to go on watch it on YouTube (press play on the above video and a link will be available for you to click on).  Please do go and listen-- it's absolutely beautiful!


"Water Night" by Eric Whitacre

I just think that it's so neat that this one man can get so many people together, even virtually, from across the globe to participate in something as beautiful as this.  Amazing is written all over this!


"Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap, as covered by Joseph Bates

I love watching these videos where one person covers every part of a song.  It's really need and shows a fantastic amount of dedication to the song and music in general.


"O Magnum Mysterium" by Morten Lauridsen

I played the instrumental version of this, but really, nothing beats the choral version.  There's just something about the human voice that gives me goosebumps.  The neat thing about this video is that the music for every part is included, so feel free to sing along!

Thank you for dropping by for Music Monday!  If you would like, feel free to recommend some music that you are currently in love with!  I'm always looking for more music to enjoy.

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!