Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Memes!

Welcome to Friday!  I hope your weeks were fairly low-key (the best kind of week!).  Today, I'm going to answer the questions for Follow Friday, The Blog Hop, TGIF, and Let's Talk all brought to you by Parajunkee, Jennifer @ Crazy for Books, Ginger @ GReads, and Melissa @ i swim for oceans.  If you'd like to answer the questions yourself, I will leave links for you to click upon.  Let's get started!

Summer Break is upon us!  What would be the perfect vacation spot for you to catch up on your reading and relax?


Somewhere like this.  In Minnesota, this is like, your basic vacation.  I feel like if I went anywhere extravagant for a vacation where I intended to catch up on reading, I would be too interested in going to see everything that is in the area to accomplish any of these things.  So I would go to a cabin where anything that I could possibly want to see is right in front of my face (with the option of walking around it to get the blood flowing).  On top of that, cabins tend to be nice and quiet.

How many books do you own?  This can include books in your TBR pile and books that you've already read that are on your keeper shelf.

Umm... well... I don't exactly have a numerical value to give you, but I'd say more than fifty less than three hundred to give a rough guesstimate.  I'm in the mood to make videos this weekend, so maybe I'll do a bookshelf and a room tour video.  Don't worry, I'll post it here as well as on YouTube.  Totally accessible!

A Book Blogger is Born: What made you decide to start your very own book blog?

Once upon a time, when I was a wee freshman in high school, I knew I wanted to blog, but I wasn't sure about what.  So after a little bit of looking around to see what everyone else was doing, I found a number of book blogs and I thought, "Hey, I like to read.  I think I'll give this a shot!"  So I did.  Four years later, it has become this.  And they all lived Happily Ever After!

What are your top book blogging goals?

List time!  Huzzah!

1. Make a greater variety of book-related posts
2. Connect to readers in a different kind of way (still have to figure this out)
3. Expand my horizons as far as reading material.
4. Go to the conventions where free or really cheap books may be acquired
5. Figure out how to obtain ARCs (advice?)

Of course there are plenty of things that I would love to do and they are definitely book-blogging goals, but I thought it would be nice to keep the list short.

I hope your weekends are just lovely!  I think mine will be comfortably busy and I'm okay with that.

As usual, feel free to leave your answers below and/or leave your web address below and I will try my best to stop by your blog!

Thanks for Reading!

--Jude

P.S. Just so you know, I haven't been able to leave comments on anyone's blog, let alone my own, but I can still add new blogs to my Follow list.  So just know that if you do leave a comment and do ask me to visit, I will do this, I just don't have any way to prove that I stopped by other than my following.  Also, does anyone know how to fix this?  It's been going on for quite a while and it's a little annoying not to be able to interact the way I would like.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be looking forward to your video of your bookshelf tour! Haha, I'm preparing to be wow-ed ;)

    I'm now a proud new follower of your blog, do drop by mine @ http://bookaworld.wordpress.com/ too!

    -Alicia
    bookaworld.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lake cabin photo grabbed my attention. I'm headed to the Northwoods of Wisconsin next week for the summer. My favorite place to read is sitting by the lake, either in the screen gazebo, on the pontoon boat or on a swinging chair hanging between two birch trees.

    New follower:
    http://michelecozzens.blogspot.com

    Cheers,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh can't wait to check your video... I love peering inside others book nooks!

    My hop post

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!