Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday Memes

TGIF, Follow Friday, and now Let's Talk is brought to you by Ginger @ GReads, Parajunkee, and i swim for oceans.  Let's head into the questions!  Feel free to leave your own link below.

Reading Blues: We all get them from time to time.  What helps you overcome those reading slumps when nothing seems to grab your attention?

I think I've only had this happen once in a profound way in my blogging career so far.  I moved past this horrendous time by stepping back a little.  I didn't push myself to read just because I've made it my business to read for the Internet. I tried new things on my blog so that I could begin to think in different ways rather than solely through literature.  I let myself wander until I came across a book that screamed, "READ ME!!!" in an obnoxiously good way.  It's probably not the most efficient way to do things, but it worked for me.

Have you ever had a character that disappointed you?  One that you fell in love with and "broke up" with later on in either the series or stand-alone book?  Tell us about him or her.

Edward Cullen from Twilight.  He represents a perfect boyfriend in many ways, but at some point in time, he's just too perfect and he was pretty unchanging for the longest time.  I fell out of love with perfection and I was looking for a guy with some flaws.  Simple as that.

What ONE underrated book do you want to share with the blogosphere - new or old?

In general, I haven't noticed very many memoirs being reviewed.  They're extremely underrated.  I'm reading one right now called 'Prozac Nation' and it's probably one of the most informative and interesting memoirs about a young woman suffering from depression.  So that's the book I would like to share with you today!

Thank you very much for reading!  Again, feel free to answer these questions for yourself and/or leave your own link below in the comments.  I will try my best to stop by your blog this weekend!

--Jude

3 comments:

  1. Finally I found a kindred spirit in the Edward let me down fan club!
    We picked 2 diff reasons though. He was perfect but only physically (IMO). I think he had serious baggage he hid well.
    New to your awesum blog :)
    Have a gr8 weekend <3
    *My FF*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Prozac Nation when it first came out & I agree its pretty great. I wish more books like it came out. Depression, addiction, eating disorders, are so prevalent in young ppl now more than ever. We need some true spokespeople who have been there, done that to school the general population.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing Edward as the answer to this question a lot this week. And I have to say I agree with you, but for a slightly different reason. I was really let down with Edward in New Moon. I felt like he just disappeared and left Bella at a terrible time. So though I thought he was overly perfect at other times, he really disappointed me then. Good answer!

    New follower :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My TGIF

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!