Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday!!!

Hello and welcome to Friday!  For once, I'm doing this post on time!

Follow Friday and TGIF is brought to you by Parajunkee and Ginger @ GReads.

 Have you ever looked at a book's cover and thought, This is going to be horrible! but was instead pleasantly surprised?  Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

I wasn't sure about this book when I picked out this book, the synopsis sounded very intriguing but the cover only got me mildly interested.  While I was listening to it, I realized just how amazing it was and now I really think that everyone should read it sometime in their lives.  It's very relatable and it'll appeal to the young and the old.  It's about a girl that is bigger than the stereotypical girl.  she looks nothing like her parents, but she isn't adopted.  She is essentially alienated by her parents because she isn't the daughter they wanted her to be-- beautiful and trim.  She ends up being a successful English teacher, but her success is lost on her parents who tell her that she needs to grow up and get a "real job."  This book is about a woman who learns to love herself-- who she is and who she wants to be-- and to let others love her.  It's beautiful.

Promote and Author: Is there a particular author that you wish got more recognition?  Pick one author and tell  us why we should read their work.

Mr. David Levithan!  I think he's getting a little more attention now, but not the kind of attention that J.K. Rowling and Anne Rice get.  He writes brilliant work-- "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist," which he co-wrote with Rachel Cohn and "Will Grayson, Will Grayson," co-written with John Green.  He also wrote "The Lover's Dictionary," which I have reviewed here.  He writes a lot of romantic literature, but not raunchy romantic literture.  It's beautiful and it's about teens of all different backgrounds.  He's just a lovely writer!

Feel free to leave a comment below with your web address and I will try my best to stop by and pay you a visit!  Have a lovely weekend!

--Jude

3 comments:

  1. "Big Girl" sounds interesting.

    New FB follower via GReadsBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower! I hadn't heard of this Danielle Steele title but it sounds good! Here is my FF if you'd like to follow back: http://www.theonceandfuturelibrarian.blogspot.com/2012/03/follow-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!