Friday, September 16, 2011

WooHoo! Friday!

Hello there!  We've made it to Friday, which means it's time for the various hops!

TGIF and the Blog Hop are brought to you by Ginger @ GReads and Jennifer @ Crazy-for-Books respectively.  

Have you ever come across a book you were so stoked to read, but failed miserably in your eyes?


Absolutely!  Last year in my AP English class, we read a book called 'Heart of Darkness' by Joseph Conrad. My teacher described it before we even got to check out books from the media center.  Her description and this book were apples and oranges.  My teacher described a book of a dark adventure, and I was already sold on the title.  I mean, come on, wouldn't you pick up a book called 'Heart of Darkness' if that was all you saw?  That's what I did.  That book... I will never again read this book.  I only barely finished it, and that's only because I had to.

As a book blogger, how do you introduce yourself in your profile?

Here's the thing, I didn't really write anything on my blogger profile.  Well, maybe basic information, but nothing like I've seen other bloggers write.  Instead, I created an entire 'About Me' post so that readers old and new could come to see me as an actual person rather than text on a computer screen (which means I included interests, basic information about my blog, my friends, and other such things).  Maybe if it gets to the point where I'm accepting offers from publishers to read and review a book, I will put something there, but for now, I get my reading material through school, friends, and other such treasure-hunts, so a profile description hasn't really been necessary.

What are your answers to these questions?  Leave a comment below and I will try my best to come by and visit you this weekend!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

2 comments:

  1. New follower via book blop hop hoping you will follow us back at http://www.beckvalleybooks.blogspot.com thks in advance xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower! Just popped over from Crazy for books to say hi. So, hi! My answer to this question can be found here ---> http://peaceloveyalit.blogspot.com/2011/09/theres-whole-lotta-hopping-goin-on.html

    Love the blog... so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!