Friday, September 23, 2011

Challenges and Returnable Book Series

Welcome to Friday!  Home of the best day of the week!

This week, I'm only participating in Follow Friday and TGIF from Parajunkee and Ginger @ G-Reads respectively.  Now it's time for question time!

Follow Friday


Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again?  Tell us about it and why you keep on revisiting it.

On top of Harry Potter (because I know that a number of people are going to answer this or at least make them as part of their lists as I have done) I keep going back to 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' by Lemony Snicket.  I've just now realized that I've never actually reviewed any of the books, which makes me think that I'm going to have to reread them.  In order this time.  This series follows three orphans: The Baudelaire Orphans Klaus, Sunny, and Violet.  All have special talents and all use these special talents to get themselves out of a series of sticky situations regarding their... umm... distant relative Count Olaf who goes through a series of mostly fruitless plans to obtain the Baudelaire fortune.  The reason that I keep going back to this particular series is firstly, because of the amazing story and secondly because of Lemony Snicket's hilarious, cryptic, and even sarcastic tone of writing.  His books make me wonder, they make me frustrated (mostly because of the painfully ignorant adults), they make me happy, sad, insert emotion X here.  It's an amazing series of thirteen books.  If you haven't gotten around to reading them, please do so, you will never regret it.  I recommend going in order.

TGIF
Reading Challenges: Did you sign up for any this year?  How has your progression been?

I have been doing reading challenges!  I did the 2011 audio book challenge and I completed that in... August?  I think.  It was around that time.  I've also been doing the Off-The-Shelf challenge.  I have two more books to go to complete this, but I hope to keep it up all year, because I have so many books that I need to read that are just living on my shelf.  It's ridiculous.  I created my own challenge where I try to read 50 books (or listen to audio books) in one year.  I need to recalculate how I'm doing, but I'm not doing too bad, I don't think.  I'm trying to finish my "Read This and I'll Read Harry Potter" challenge (click on the 'challenge button in the right side bar to read more about that).  This challenge is kind of a bust so far.  I also started a Goosebumps challenge.  I'm a fail at my own challenge once again.  That's right.  I turned "fail" into a noun.

I hope you all have lovely weekends!  If you would like me to visit, leave your web address in the comments below and I'll try my best to come and visit you!

Thanks for reading and visiting!

--Jude

To Do This Weekend:
--Homework and notes
--Online Health
--Make videos (for scholarships, for health, for LONTEM)
--Read (for school, for fun)

2 comments:

  1. New follower here! I wanted to quickly say, I love your Reread pick! I think this a great and intriguing series for any age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people have picked Harry Potter as their answer and I still haven't started the series yet! I really must get around to reading them!

    I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Comment away!