Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cookies, Feeling Incompetent, and Sir Figment

Today has been and is going to be a good day. Today, Ezra is going to come over and we're going to make an abundance of cookies. Many of them she'll take to school for her friend that needs cheering up, but the rest we're going to eat and save and enjoy! I'm very excited about this :) I'll try and take pictures.

But this mission will not take place for a couple more hours. Before then, I must read five or six chapters of 'Catch-22' because I'm supposed to be passed Chapter 35 by Monday (those are my marching orders from my English teacher). That shouldn't be too hard though. I'm told we'll finish the book sometime next week. That means that I actually get to write a review! Hurray!

I was going to write a review yesterday on an old book, but every book I looked at, I had either reviewed already or I need to read again so that I can write a good review.

This morning, I woke up and I watched "Hank Green Plays LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4" (I have to go to YouTube to watch video games... that's how I have a better understanding of Fallout 3). After that, I switched over to listening to Deathcab for Cutie (you may listen below to "Soul Meets Body")


While I was listening to music, I hopped over to Figment so that I could finish what I was writing (it was a memory, and I kind of failed at writing it) and then read some other people's works and write reviews for them. I came across a really good one called "Memoirs of a Non-Eater" which incidentally, was not the memoir of the author. The author made me feel incompetent as a writer because I don't think I've ever written anything as good as that. My mind and soul has been twisted by academic writing that has to be correct and proper... I knew school was evil... some parts...

Well, I have to go eat food and then I have to read 'Catch-22,' so have a wonderful remainder of the weekend!

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!