Saturday, January 8, 2011

I Feel So Cutting Edge...

So... I jumped on the bandwagon today:
That's right. Today, when I was out with my mother (going first to an excellent art store where I was like a kid in a candy shop and then to Barnes and Noble) I saw this, not realizing that it had come out already (I'm so behind... it's embarrassing...). I got really excited! I have read so many very good things about this book on a number of different blogs. I paced in front of that book shelf so many times that there's probably a hole there and some two-year-old going to the kids section is going to fall through it back down to the first floor and then they're going to have to come upstairs again... it'll turn into a vicious cycle, I just know it.

Any way, I found it, several rows of copies just staring at me-- "Jude! Take us home and love us!" I bit my lower lip and reminded myself that I haven't yet read this book. I'm not going to buy it. I tore myself away and went looking around the other bookshelves looking for titles that I have never heard of before (I have an entire list of books in my bag. I need to transfer my findings to my Shelfari).

Then I came back to that fateful section of 'Matched' books. They're still calling to me-- "We know you're having second thoughts, Jude... take us home and love us!"

So, I cracked. The talking books convinced me. I picked up a copy of my very own, never looking back.

It was only after I checked out that I remembered why I never buy books or CDs in down town. I'm a poor teenager with no job and everything in down town is so darn expensive...

I also picked up these lovely findings:
'Going Bovine' by Libba Bray
I got my ACT scores back (they're not completely official, since I got them online and that's what they told me). My score was fine, but it's nothing to brag about. I did very well in English and Reading (the areas I wasn't worried about at all). I got the same score for both Math and Science. You might be able to guess, but those were my lower scoring areas. So I picked up a study book, because I figure my SAT is going to have a similar result, minus the science.

Today was awesome because I got to spend time with my mom!

Thanks for reading! I hope your day was great as well!

--Jude

P.S. You can expect a recipe sometime tomorrow. I haven't done one of those in a long time, so I'm really excited to be starting this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!