Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Zombies and Owl Costumes

This will be one of those rare posts where I don't put a picture. I just thought that I'd make a quick update.

I had a great trip to Duluth! I'm still trying to put a video together (I've encountered some difficulties, but I'm trying to figure out how to get around them). I have pieces of videos and some pictures, so we're all set for when things decide to start working.

I'm still working on my political children's picture book. I'm happy with the way that the pictures are turning out. As soon as they're done, I'll try to remember to scan a few selections to show you. As for the writing, I have to admit that this isn't the greatest thing I've ever written. The characters are unoriginal, the story itself is completely boring. It's the facts and methods that are only remotely interesting. Honestly, I wouldn't read that to any fourth grader I babysit. Hopefully, it'll be good enough to get a good grade though.

Tomorrow, my school debuts their production of 'Zombie Hamlet.' To advertise and get people to come, the cast went down into the commons (also known as our lunch room) and they started doing Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' dance-- which was really cool!

I'm sad that I won't get to see it opening night... I'm supposed to do this stupid ACT prep thing... sort of like the SAT thing I was doing a couple weeks ago, but a test with a different name. That means that I won't get to go with my friend and we can't dress up as zombies and get fake blood everywhere...

At least we still have Harry Potter to look forward to :) Rosemary and I want to dress up for that too. Rosemary has claimed Voldemort and then I'm going to dress up as Hedwig. If anyone has any ideas as to how one would dress up as an owl, I'm all ears (er, eyes).

Thanks for reading!

--Jude

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!