Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Your Future Is Knocking!

I love getting mail! We’re not talking about getting emails (though I love getting those too!). Since I’m getting up there in years, a whole bunch of colleges are saying “come to us! We’re a perfect match for you! We LOVE you!” Well, you know what I mean…

Any way, this whole college-sending-you-stuff thing is getting pretty ridiculous… see for yourself…

And they’re still coming! I just got two recently! But I requested one of them, so that’s my fault…

When I first started getting emails, I felt really, really appreciated. I couldn’t help but think, “Oh my God, they came to me! They want me to go there!” Several months later, Sullivan the hamster has a roof over his cage and I’ve had to weed through the various emails and pick out my least desired colleges and throw them in the bin.

Quite honestly, narrowing it down seems to be the easy part. In fact, I have four that I wouldn’t mind going to:

In case you can’t read the labels (from the bottom of the photo up): Academy of Art University, California College of the Arts, University of Iowa (I can't find that letter, so this is the closest to that), and the University of Minnesota. Of course, I still have about a year and a half to accumulate more possibilities… but at this point in time, I don’t want any more… they’re causing mail deposits in my room…

I need to remember to email certain colleges and tell them I’m not interested so they can stop sending me stuff.

I’m done moping and complaining to you. I apologize…

If you’re a fellow college hunter, if you haven’t already, check out the Princeton Review. It’s free!

--Jude Rosenberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!