Sunday, June 27, 2010

Whaaaat???

(Left to Right: Alex Day, Charlie McDonnell... unfortunately, I don't know who the other two are...)

I am thoroughly disappointed in Pandora. Not only does it play advertisements related to Justin Bieber on the most random of stations (I have a Dave Melillo station and he came up. Their musical styles are basically opposite), but they don't know who Alex Day or Charlie McDonnell is!

Now, I'm guessing some of you are looking at your computer screens with an odd look thinking, "Well, I don't know who they are either." Therefore, we must fix this. By clicking on their names in the paragraph above, you will be brought to their respective YouTube pages (and as always, if I put in the wrong address or it simply doesn't work, please tell me. Knock on wood, but we haven't had any problems thus far).

Charlie does these videos where his subscribers challenge him to do various tasks. One of them was painting his entire body purple (one of my personal favorites). On top of challenges, he creates music and is part of a band called Chameleon Circuit (Alex day is included in this).

Alex Day does these videos where he reads Twilight and then makes fun of it. They're really quite funny, even if you're like me and you like Twilight alright. He also has some independent music on his channel. The songs are quite good, I highly recommend that you listen to them.

Any way, I figured, hey, their music is on the internet, so Pandora is sure to have it. Not the case. I don't know if it's because the Music Genome Project has to weigh their musical style very carefully in order to categorize them and figure who some similar artists are... I know it's not because they're British, because the Beatles are in their system. Maybe it's because they're newer...?

I'll give it some time and then we'll see if this rant was necessary or not.

Of course I won't stop listening to Pandora, but I have lost a little more respect for the site.

At least one good thing has come from this: everyone who reads this will at least be aware of the existence of Charlie and Alex.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Comment away!